Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce
Sweet and tangy sauce with a kick. Great on grilled meats such as salmon, steak, and chicken. Try it as a glaze on your next holiday ham as well.
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine the brown sugar, bourbon, garlic, salt, ground pepper, ginger, vinegar, honey, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan and whisk.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half and begins to thicken.
- Pour mixture in a bowl and cool to room temperature before applying to meat.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/