Greek Chicken Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Classic Greek salad topped with seasoned chicken, feta cheese, and a light yogurt dressing. Serve with toasted pita wedges.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup peeled English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a large freezer bag. Place chicken in resealable bag with seasoning mix, seal, and coat evenly. Chill for one hour.
- For the dressing, combine Greek yogurt, tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth before placing the dressing in a sealed container. Chill until ready to use.
- Toss romaine lettuce, English cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion, and kalamata olives until evenly combined. Set salad aside in a covered bowl. Continue to chill if necessary.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, searing both sides for six to seven minutes or until lightly browned. When done, the internal temperature for the thickest part of the breast should reach 165 or the juices should run clear when poked with a small knife. Remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board, and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Place chicken over generous potion of salad. Top with feta cheese and yogurt dressing.
- I find NatureSweet Cherubs perfect for this recipe.
- For a lighter option, use fat-free Greek yogurt.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/