Orange Cranberry Muffins
Bakery-style muffins with tart cranberries and a sweet orange flavor. Recipe yields one Baker's Dozen of jumbo sized muffins.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups julienne cut cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon orange zest (freshly grated)
- In the Raw® Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine dry ingredients and julienne cut cranberries in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg, orange juice, oil, and orange zest in stand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients and cranberries gradually. Mix until until combined.
- Line jumbo muffin pan with paper liners. [Hint: I recommend Wilton brand, but any will do.]
- Spoon batter into baking cups, filling ¾ full. Liberally sprinkle top of batter with Turbinado Sugar.
- Bake at 400° F for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and firm.
- I use Paradise Meadow: Cooking and Baking Julienne Sweetened Dried Cranberries, which can be purchased online or at your local grocery store depending on area.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/