Chocolate Chip Muffins
Scrumptious bakery-style chocolate chip muffins topped with nuts. Yields one Baker's Dozen.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup milk, warmed
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 12 oz package Nestle mini-morsel semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nut topping
- Sugar In the Raw® Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a stand mixer, beat, eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until moist.
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Line jumbo muffin pan with paper liners. [Hint: I recommend Wilton brand, but any will do.]
- Spoon batter into baking cups, filling 3/4 full. Liberally sprinkle each muffin with mixed nuts and one teaspoon of Turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400° F for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and firm.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/