Chipotle-Lime Chicken Tacos
Flavorful chipotle-lime chicken, cooked to perfection in a slow cooker.
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts (large)
- 2 tbsp chipolte peppers in adabo sauce, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 can petite dieced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp mined garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt (Optional)
- flour tortillas (25 to 30 count)
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Trim boneless chicken of excess fat and place in slow cooker.
- Cover chicken with tomatoes, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, beans, corn, lime juice, onion powder, salt, and cumin.
- Turn unit on low and cook for approximately 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas topped with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream or other toppings.
- Can include other toppings such as green onion, avocado, guacamole, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, etc.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/