Foodgasm-Inducing Cinnamon Rolls
You read that right. Aptly named because my husband makes near-embarrassing moans while eating them. 🙂
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rapid-rise yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Microwave the milk for 45 to 60 seconds. Then, dissolve yeast in warm milk in stand mixer bowl. Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour. Mix well. Attach dough hook and knead until dough forms a uniform ball.
- Put the ball of dough into a bowl that is sprayed with cooking spray. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for roughly 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter for filling. Mix well and set aside.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/2 cup of the sugar/cinnamon/butter mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan and spread the remaining sugar/cinnamon/butter mixture over the rolls. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400° F.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/