Cranberry Orange Sauce
Skip the canned cranberry sauce this year at Thanksgiving and make your own! Makes a smooth cranberry sauce with a subtle orange flavor.
- 1 package of fresh cranberries (12 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest, grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cook cranberries, orange juice, sugar, zest, and orange pieces in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to burst, about 7-10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into heat resistant bowl through a wire mesh strainer. Use the back of a hard or metal spoon to press the pulp through strainer. Discard any leftover skin/pulp.
- Place in bowl and chill. Keeps up to one week in refrigerator, unopened.
- If you prefer your sauce with a lumpy consistency, omit step two.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/