Fabulous French Toast
This light and fluffy recipe delivers every time with just enough spice and a hint of orange. Great with maple syrup, powdered sugar or whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup light cream (or half-and-half)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 8-10 thick slices of brioche bread
- Whisk eggs and light cream in small mixing bowl. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Dip bread into egg mixture making sure to coat both sides.
- Lightly butter griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup or top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Ramblings of a Gyrl http://www.ramblgyrl.com/